MINUS 12˚ CRAFT ICE CREAM is an independent ice cream shop making fresh, artisan gelato using the finest ingredients. We are recruiting:
CASHIER / ICE CREAM SCOOPER – WEEKEND JOB
Regular weekend work. 1 – 2 shifts per weekend. You will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service. This includes engaging with customers, telling them about the products, taking orders, serving ice cream, accurately processing cash and electronic transactions. The main purpose is to serve the customer the accurate portion size. You will also be required to clean, wash-up and carry out other tasks such as re-stocking.
You are someone who:
- is reliable, well presented and punctual
- is proactive with a strong work ethic
- loves great tasting ice cream and has a passion for food
- puts customers first, delivering outstanding customer service
- is proud to work in a fun, efficient and clean environment
- has good communication skills including written and spoken English
- has a good level of numeracy
- has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
You will be responsible for:
- serving customers
- making ice cream and sorbets
- cleaning, washing up and ensuring food hygiene procedures adhered to
- stock control
- opening and/or closing
Training and opportunities include:
- food hygiene and HACCAP procedures
- serving artisan gelato
- development of workplace skills
- working in a customer facing, hospitality or food service environment
- £10 – £11 per hour plus free ice-cream*
- Weekend afternoon shifts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your CV by email. In the body of the email, outline how your skills and experience meet the job specification detailed above.
*free ice cream for personal consumption at work. You will be encouraged to sample all flavours so you can advise customers accurately and ensure our ice cream consistently exceeds customers’ expectations.