MINUS 12˚ CRAFT ICE CREAM is an independent ice cream shop making fresh, artisan gelato using the finest ingredients. We are recruiting:
TRAINEE ASSISTANT MANAGER – 6 MONTH KICKSTART PLACEMENT
Do you have a passion for good food, a positive outlook and excellent customer service skills?
We are offering a full time 6-month job placement, with a view to longer term employment with us.
You are someone who:
- is reliable, well presented and punctual
- is proactive with a strong work ethic
- loves great tasting ice cream and has a passion for food
- puts customers first, delivering outstanding customer service
- is proud to work in a fun, efficient and clean environment
- has good communication skills including written and spoken English
- has a good level of numeracy
- has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
You will be responsible for:
- serving customers
- making ice cream and sorbets
- managing day-to-day operations including opening and closing
- cleaning, washing up and ensuring food hygiene procedures adhered to
- stock control
- posting on social media (Instagram, Facebook)
Training and opportunities include:
- food hygiene and HACCAP procedures
- making artisan gelato
- running a food business
- development of workplace skills
- support with curriculum vitae (CV)
- working in a customer facing, hospitality or food service environment
- £10 per hour plus free ice-cream*
- 40 hours per week, for 6 months. You must be willing to work on weekends including Sundays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your CV by email. In the body of the email, outline how your skills and experience meet the job specification detailed above. Applicants must be 16 – 24 years old and claiming Universal Credit. Further information about the kickstart scheme can be found here.
*free ice cream for personal consumption at work. You will be encouraged to sample all flavours so you can advise customers accurately and ensure our ice cream consistently exceeds customers’ expectations.